Who are our volunteers?
Our volunteer team is made up of passionate, dedicated, and friendly people who leave guests feeling AWE-inspired with every visit! You might see our volunteers:
- Leading Gallery tours
- Connecting with students through school tours and art activities
- Engaging with community at the Downtown Windsor Farmer's Market
- Helping with special events, such as opening/closing receptions and AWE at Night
- Creating magic in the Studio!
Are you passionate about Canadian art, art education and working with the public? Don’t miss this opportunity! We are looking for enthusiastic and engaged volunteers to get involved in a wide variety of roles, such as:
- Gallery Guides
- Studio instructors
- Special events volunteers
- Mentorship volunteers
- Administrative volunteers
- Fundraising volunteers
A staff member will be in touch with you shortly after you submit your application - so what are you waiting for? Start your journey with AWE today!
Indigenous Gallery Guide Program
Are you passionate about Canadian art, art education and working with the public? Don’t miss this opportunity! AWE is looking for enthusiastic and flexible Indigenous Gallery Guides to inspire new forms of visual literacy in visitors of all ages.
- Gallery Guides develop, create, and lead their own virtual exhibition tours, and interpret works of art from Art Windsor-Essex’s permanent collection
- Virtual tours, each lasting approximately 1 hour, are offered to the public, to schools, and to community groups
- Guides may choose to interpret Indigenous artworks and share cultural knowledge with a larger audience.
- Participating Gallery Guides will receive an honorarium for their time and experience.
- Gallery Guides will also participate in a virtual orientation session.
- Interested Gallery Guides are invited to complete this FORM.
Interested? Need more information? Please contact Sophie Hinch, Education & Public Programs Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.