What is the AWE Teen Arts Council?
Thanks for asking! The AWE Teen Arts Council is a group of teens aged 14-17 from across Windsor-Essex who have come together to create programs for teens, by teens. Being involved with AWE's teen council means that you get to:
- Connect with other teen artists and art enthusiasts in your area
- Meet artists and creators at AWE and beyond
- Plan and attend creative workshops and events
- Get involved with volunteer opportunities at AWE that can go towards your volunteer hours
We would like to thank Lisa and Brian Schwab for their generous support of AWE's Teen Arts Council!
So far this year, we...
- Visited our friends at Artcite Inc. for a drum circle and viewing of their exhibitions.
- Hosted a virtual Imperfect Art workshop to remind others that all art is valuable art, facilitated by art therapist Ainslee Winter.
- Organized a Paint your Pet workshop facilitated by artist Kelsey Auger, where guests had the opportunity to paint their furry, feathery, or scaly friends! All donations from the program went to the Windsor/Essex County Humane Society.
- Held an Active Artbites workshop, facilitated by Vanguard Youth Arts Collective, where guests got to make three speedy creations with three youth artists!
- Attended a studio visit with AWE's emerging artist-in-residence, Maria Mediratta.
- Learned about bio art and painted with algae during a visit to the INCUBATOR Art Lab.
Want to get involved?
If you are 14-17 years old, click above to apply to our next Teen Arts Council, beginning in September of 2022! Applications are due by June 1, 2022.
If you are 13-19 years old (or close to these ages), click the image above to learn how you can submit art for our teen art exhibition, The World As We See It! Artwork must be submitted by June 19, 2022.