What is The AWE Teen Arts Council?
Thanks for asking! The AWE Teen Arts Council is a group of teens aged 14-17 from across Windsor-Essex who have come together to create programs for teens, by teens. Being involved with The AWE Teen Arts Council means that you get to:
- Connect with other teen artists and art enthusiasts in your area
- Meet artists and creators at AWE and beyond
- Plan and attend creative workshops and events
- Get involved with volunteer opportunities at AWE that can go towards your volunteer hours
We would like to thank Lisa and Brian Schwab for their generous support of The AWE Teen Arts Council!
So far this year, we...
- Visited our friends at Artcite Inc. for a drum circle and viewing of their exhibitions.
- Hosted a virtual Imperfect Art workshop to remind others that all art is valuable art, facilitated by art therapist Ainslee Winter.
- Organized a Paint your Pet workshop facilitated by artist Kelsey Auger, where guests had the opportunity to paint their furry, feathery, or scaly friends! All donations from the program went to the Windsor/Essex County Humane Society.
- Held an Active Artbites workshop, facilitated by Vanguard Youth Arts Collective, where guests got to make three speedy creations with three youth artists!
- Attended a studio visit with AWE's emerging artist-in-residence, Maria Mediratta.
- Learned about bio art and painted with algae during a visit to the INCUBATOR Art Lab.
- Hosted two Drop-In and Create sessions with artist Anthony Di Fazio
- Hosted a coffee house at the Green Bean Cafe, featuring singer Florine Ndimubandi, poet & storyteller Samantha Badaoa, and hip-hop artist & slam poet Erik E-tomic Johnson
2022-23 AWE Teen Arts Council
Our new Council members are starting their term in September of 2022! Welcome our new members:
Hala Abu Rashid