401 West: Portrait of the Region - Virtual Exhibition Tour
Saturday, May 1 | 2 pm – 3 pm
Celebrate MAYWORKS with the AGW! Founded by the Toronto and York Region Labour Council, the MAYWORKS FESTIVAL OF WORKING PEOPLE & THE ARTS is a community-based festival which celebrates, artists, workers and activists. The programming presents bold, insightful, responses to pressing issues at the intersection of art, social justice and labour.
401 West: Portrait of the Region features 20 artists from the Permanent Collection showcasing 73 works. Artists from the 1940s to present day explore aspects of the region through diverse media representing the cultural communities of London, Windsor, Chatham, and Detroit. A wide variety of painting, photography, sculpture and graphic arts are on view. The exhibition also features a very special donation by the Ford Motor Company of Canada including 25 works from renowned artist Yousuf Karsh. Curated by Chris Finn.
- If you are able to support the Art Gallery of Windsor, please consider making a donation!
- A computer, tablet or smartphone with a good Internet connection. Optional: earphones
- The program will be delivered via the video conferencing app Zoom. Please download prior to the workshop.
- The Art Gallery of Windsor is committed to fostering a respectful online environment for all. Disrespectful conduct may result in participant removal from the Zoom meeting.
- Questions? Please email Sophie Hinch, Education and Public Programs Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org