Family Fun Saturdays in the Studio! with Maryam Safarzadeh
Saturdays, October 2 – October 30 , 1 pm – 4 pm
Have you heard the good news? Thanks to the generous and ongoing support of Anne Safranyos and family, we're excited to announce SATURDAYS in the Studio, IN PERSON at the AGW! Sign up, drop in, and create your own masterpiece inspired by current exhibitions. Our talented featured artists and Gallery Guides will be in the studio to assist you!
We're so excited to be working with Maryam Safarzadeh, our featured artist for Saturdays in the Studio for October! Maryam is an Iranian poet and painter who moved to Canada in 2019. She started painting at the young age of 10 and learned many different techniques from various masters of painting in Iran. After graduating from university with a degree in graphic design, she started studying with the renowned Iranian artist Taha Behbehani. These classes opened doors to many new dimensions in her art. Maryam has had many successful solo and group exhibitions since.
Maryam has been teaching art and creation for more than 16 years in various art schools. Currently she is creating art and running art classes Shō Art Studios, which focuses on the interplay of “Art, Spirit & Performance.” Maryam also serves on the board of directors for the Art Gallery of Windsor. In addition to her work as a painter, Maryam is an accomplished poet. Many Iranian composers have created songs with her poems.
- Saturdays in the Studio is back, starting in August 2021.
- This program is FREE with admission to the AGW.
- Participants MUST pre-register and complete a short screening survey online (or below) in order to attend the program. (Sign in forms will be available in person at the gallery.)
- Masks must be worn at all times in the studio and safety guidelines must be followed.
- Questions? Email Sophie Hinch at email@example.com