Urban Explorer - In Person Art Camp at the AGW!
Seeking all creative explorers! If the concrete jungle and local park are calling to you this is the camp for you! During this 5 day camp, you will explore your surroundings and discover hidden gems in the city. Together, we will create unique works of art inspired by urban landscapes.
- In Person at the Art Gallery of Windsor.
- 10 spots available per week, must register for full week.
- $250 per child / 1 week
- 9am - 4pm (Early Drop-off at 8:45am and late pick-up at 4:15pm)
- Open to all kids ages 7-13
- Activities will vary week to week.
- CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
- WEEK 1: August 2-6 / $250 per child / 1 week
- WEEK 2: August 9-13 (Bilingual Week) / $250 per child / 1 week
- WEEK 3: August 16-20 / $250 per child / 1 week
- Masks must be worn at all times.
- Bring a backpack with water bottle, sunscreen, hat, lunch and snacks.
- All art supplies will be provided.
- All safety and social distancing measures will be followed.
- Accessibility Needs: To inquire about special support or accommodations, email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Information: If you have any questions, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Day 1 - Urban Planning
As Windsor is a big city with a large industrial and factory influence our first day of our Urban Explorer camp will be working on our understanding of what it takes to plan a city, a bridge, a building.
Day 2 - Sculpture Garden
Today is the day to get your creativity moving along with your feet and hands. Join us for the walk along the river looking at the sculpture gardens taking time to create a likeness of statues that catch an eye.
Day 3 - Street Photography
Calling all street photographers! Explore downtown Windsor through your camera and see the city through a whole new lens. Young photographers will learn to compose the perfect image and experiment to find their own, unique style.
Day 4 - Public Art Around Windsor
Join us for a day of exploration of local fauna and flora seen on the walls of downtown Windsor. In this camp we will take a walking tour to see the different public arts discussing what we think of them and how they help tell the story of Windsor, Ontario.
Day 5 - Nature
While we have explored the urban aspects of Windsor let us now explore some of the more "nature" aspects. We will take time today to look at nature and the outdoors and find our connection to it.
Questions? Email Morgan Lawrence, Education Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org